Neiman Marcus' over-the-top 2013 Christmas Book is out and includes one 'Fantasy Gift' that's already on our letter to Santa.
Called the "Ultimate Diamond Experience", Forevermark diamonds is offering a 25-carat rough diamond and the chance to see its journey from the mine to your finger all while staying in swanky hotels and resorts and dining with industry execs. All for a cool $1.9 million. Here is the play-by-play according to Forevermark:
- A first class flight to London an overnight at a 5-star hotel.
- A trip to the De Beers headquarters in London to receive your diamond in the rough where you will name it (yes, name it) and meet the master craftsman who will teach you about its unique number invisibly inscribed on it after it is hand-cut and polished to perfection.
- This is followed by a private tour of The Crown Jewels at the Tower of London. Note: Meeting Queen Elizabeth is not part of the deal, but hey, you never know!
-After that you'll dine with De Beers CEO Phillippe Meillier, Forevermark CEO Stephen Lussier and designer Maria Canale at the private Queens House.
- From there you will head to South Africa, taking a trip through time to the 19th century diamond rush and explore diamond mines while staying in a boutique hotel in Johannesburg.
- Then you will take a vessel to the coast of Namibia, where your 25-carat diamond was discovered, and take a tour of the rough-diamond sorting houses and children's community projects supported by DeBeers.
- Before heading back to the real world, spend three days and two nights at a luxury lodge in Tswalu, South Africa.
- Then once back on U.S. soil, on day 11 of your trip, you'll head to the Big Apple to meet with jewelry designer Maria Canale who will design the jewel that holds your perfectly polished 25-carat diamond.
Surely there's at least one lucky diamond diva out there who will find this in her stocking come Christmas time, right?
What do you think? Chance of a lifetime or cheesy beyond belief?