If you’ve been following our Facebook, Instagram, and/or Twitter accounts, then you’ve probably seen one or two of our #WIW (Wear It Wednesday) posts. #WIW is an opportunity for us and our coworkers to test out some of our favorite Jewelry.com pieces (we would never say no to that!), and snap a pic to share with you. Take a look at the slideshow for our favorite #WIW looks, and if you haven’t already, check out Jewelry.com’s other social channels, located at the very bottom of this post under, “Follow Jewelry.com.”
Wondering what to gift your leading lady this Valentine’s Day? Well that’s what we’re here for! Forget about the chocolates and the flowers, jewelry always makes the perfect present. Whether she likes diamonds or gemstones, you’ll find something that’s just her style at Jewelry.com.
Birthstones – Garnet, ruby, amethyst – there are so many birthstones to choose from! Shower her with color this Valentine’s Day. Check out our Birthstone Deals sale, featuring birthstone jewelry for every month of the year.
Diamonds – You can never go wrong with diamonds (seriously). As Confucius once said, “Better a diamond with a flaw, than a pebble without.” Browse through our assortment of diamond necklaces, earrings, bracelets, and rings.
Happy shopping and Happy Valentine’s Day!
From the summer blockbuster, The Man from U.N.C.L.E to some of the boho-inspired bling sported during Paris Couture Fashion Week, ’60s jewelry is making a splash. But what would Mad Men-era sparklers be without tipping our hats to ’60-jewelry muse, Jackie Kennedy? Take a look at our top looks from our favorite First Lady and how you can get them for less! Love the look? Click each image for more.
In honor of Jennifer Aniston‘s recent marriage to Justin Theroux, we’ve curated one of the brightest and blingyest jewelry retrospectives of everyone’s favorite girl next door. Glam out like a ’90s Rachel Greene or even relive the 2009 rom-com classic, He’s Just Not That Into You with these Aniston-approved, sleek and sophisticated sparklers! Love the look? Click each image for more.
Brighten up your Labor Day whites with the ultra-modern edge of Guy Laroche jewelry. The ’60s Parisian couturier-turned-jewelry designer was celebrated for his sleek and sensual aesthetic. Structured lines and geometric shapes transform Laroche’s sparkling creations into stylish jewel-box staples.
Looking for the perfect statement accent to go with your LWD (Little White Dress)? Then try the Link Bracelet with Cubic Zirconia (above) or the Circle Drop Earrings with Cubic Zirconia. If you’re a white shorts and breezy top kinda gal, then the Bangle Bracelet with Cubic Zirconia or Circle Pendant with Cubic Zirconia(below) might be right up your alley. Either way, Guy Laroche jewelry gives your Labor Day look a little effortless glamor!
Get pretty in peridot with this sparkling lil’ gem known commonly as August’s birthstone. Known to bring the wearer peace, protection and attract love this calming green sparkler is just as fashionable as it is timeless. Take a look at our top favorite ways to wear peridot.
1. Cute & Classic…Studs are the perfect way to highlight your eyes and add an extra sparkle to your day. The cool and calming coloring of these peridot sparklers are an easy way to complete your look on a sophisticated note.
2. Desk-to-Dinner Dazzler…Wrapped in orbs of white sapphires, this peridot pendant lends a cool note of color to your neckline. Peridot pendants count as an especially glamorous gift for an August birthday.
3. Sizzle in Stackables…Stackable rings are a summer jewelry essential. Worn stacked or separate, these sets are easy to mix-and-match and wear from day into the evening. This super cute stackable lends a pop of peridot sparkle and gives our favorite August birthstone, a more fashion-forward twist.
4. Blingy & Beachy Keene…Bead necklaces are a fun way to welcome a little color onto your neckline with a unique, artisanal allure. Great for a summer bbq but even snazzy enough for a winter solstice soiree, this peridot bead necklace adds a fun accent that’s sure to win complements.
5. Fashion Jewelry Favorite…For those of us looking for more pizzazz, peridot gets our green light for adding the right amount of glamor to any fashion jewelry collection. Looking to top off your Labor Day whites? A peridot necklace like this one below will add the right amount of drama and dazzle!
The 84-year-old jewelry thief extraordinaire, Doris Payne fooled us again with her latest steal, a $33,000 engagement ring at David Yurman in Charlotte, North Carolina. Payne has spanned a seasoned, sixty three year career stealing from famous jewelry houses and can count Switzerland, Greece and even Japan as some of her prime hotspots.
Born in 1930 in Slab Fork, West Virginia, Payne grew up poor and struggled as a working class mother. Payne’s first score was when she was a child swiping a watch from her local jeweler. Payne quickly worked her way stealing from upscale department stores, major jewelers like Tiffany & Co. and even stole a 10 1/2 ct diamond in Monte Carlo. Totally fascinated? Well, the legendary jewelry thief dubbed ‘Diamond Doris’ was even the subject of a documentary, The Life and Times of Doris Payne.
Firing up the grill this weekend? Don’t forget your BBQ bling with these all-summer long American classics. From sparkling star pendants to tangy ruby cocktail rocks and pool blue drops, we’ve got it all and we’re not afraid to show our stripes! Too much red, white and blue? Check out our super chic Chrysalis charm bracelets finished in a soft matte gold plate. Can’t decide for yourself? Keep calm and click on…
Spring is the perfect time to organize, but don’t neglect your jewelry! It deserves a little spring-cleaning love. Spruce up your favorite baubles with our four jewelry cleaning tips.
1) Clean your diamonds with dish soap, warm water, and a toothbrush.
Here is a safe and easy way to clean your diamond jewelry at home (we’ve tried it ourselves before!). Fill a bowl with dish soap and warm water. Place your diamonds in the bowl and let them soak overnight. In the morning, gently scrub your diamonds with a toothbrush, rinse them off, and voila!
2) Polish your pearls with shampoo, warm water, and a makeup brush.
Pearls may not easily catch dirt, but they can lose their sheen. Mix some shampoo and warm water in a bowl, dip a makeup brush in the shampoo-water, and then brush over each pearl. Wipe your pearls with a damp cloth, and lay them out to dry.
3) Make your gold and gemstone jewelry sparkle with vinegar.
Who knew vinegar could be used to make that gold and gemstone jewelry shine! Pour some vinegar into a bowl, place your gold and gemstone jewels in the bowl, and leave them there for around fifteen minutes. Then remove, rinse, and admire the cleanliness.
4) Never let silver go dull with baking soda, warm water, and aluminum foil.
Tarnished silver is one of our pet peeves, but luckily there’s an easy way to clean it with some household products. Line a bowl with aluminum foil, then place your silver jewelry in the bowl, and add a tablespoon of baking soda. Leave your silver jewelry in the bowl to soak for one minute. Then rinse your silver pieces, let them dry, and no more tarnish!
Have any other jewelry cleaning tips? We’d love to hear about them in the comments section!