Sapphires are sexy! Don’t believe us? Style icons such as Princess Diana, Duchess Kate, Liz Taylor, and Jessica Chastain have all accessorized with September’s glamorous, royal blue birthstone. To learn more about the history and meaning of the sapphire, check out our blog post “Gemstone Education: The Jewel of the Sky.” Shop for your own sapphire jewelry at Jewelry.com!
Over here at Jewelry.com, we get our style inspiration from a number of different places. We’re constantly flipping through magazines, checking out the latest runway shows, and looking to fashion’s It girls for style tips. Check out our ten favorite fashion and jewelry style mavens.
1) Gigi Hadid – Blue eyed, blonde bombshell model Gigi Hadid is one of jewelry’s more recent It girls. Check out the trendy way she uses her necklace as a waist accessory. Genius!
2) Cara Delevingne – Come on, you knew Cara Delevingne would make it onto this list. Her long-hair-don’t-care personality definitely shows up in everything she wears, even her jewelry, and we kind of dig it.
4) Sophia Vergara – Sophia Vergara can do no wrong. Just look at that gorgeous blue floral statement necklace she wore to a red-carpet event.
5) Amal Alamuddin – Is there anyone who doesn’t think Amal Alamuddin is flawless? No? We thought so. She is one stylish jewelry It girl.
6) Nicole Richie – Nicole Richie has always had her own style, and that’s what we love about her. She wears jewelry like it’s her job. Take some notes ladies.
7) Hailee Steinfeld – Relatively new to the Hollywood scene, Pitch Perfect 2 star Hailee Steinfeld has a unique and refreshing style. Isn’t her choker necklace the perfect accessory?
8) Leandre Medine from Manrepeller – If you haven’t read Leandre Medine’s blog Manrepeller yet, then add it to your reading list stat! Her street style is seriously inspiring, and her necklace layering game is on point.
9) Liz Taylor – Liz Taylor is a queen and always will be. No ifs, ands, or buts. Just look at the size of that diamond rock on her finger. Whoa mama!
10) Kate Middleton – We’re not going to lie, Kate Middleton is one of our ultimate style inspirations. We love her classic jewelry choices, and the clothes she pairs them with – just flawless.
Who would you put on your jewelry It girls list?
To celebrate “Shark Week”, Disney Couture and Discovery Channel are featuring a jaws-inspired yellow gold ring that’s selling like fishcakes.
In other lower-jaw-dropping news, Liz Taylor is apparently ‘diving’ into marriage again with her longtime companion, Jason Winters. This time she’s bringing a $3 million diamond turban as an escort. Jewelry.com reports the headgear will feature a 30-carat white diamond with two 40-carat yellow canary diamonds on either side.