Roll out the red carpet and polish off your statement sparklers, cuz’ awards season is full in bloom! Get the latest insights on everything from must-have generously-sized gems to the hottest jewelry designers in this Oscars trend forecast.
1. Hottest Gems: Emeralds Emeralds are predicted to be this year’s power gem. Known to be the go-to for starlights like Julianne Moore, celebrities like Reese Witherspoon, Beyonce and even Lady Gaga count this vibrantly verdant sparkler as 2015’s Red Carpet prerequisite. Emeralds of all kinds have been spotted this season like Lady Gaga’s slinky emerald and diamond drop necklace or Leslie Mann’s weighty drop earrings at the Golden Globes.
2. Hottest Designer: Lorraine Schwartz 2015 is set out to be an interesting year for designers. While Neil Lane may be culling his clientele from younger, edgier troops like of Lorde and Haim, jewelry empires like Bvlgari are striking deals with acclaimed actresses like Julianne Moore. But for 2015, Lorraine Schwartz rose to top as one of the hottest designers. Thanks to her celeb BFFs like Kim Kardashian, Lorraine’s cocktail clunkers have conquered the mani cam and seized just about every Red Carpet look. Fun, decadent, ultra feminine or minimal, the Lorraine look is tailored to all different styles which is what makes her so appealing.
3. Hottest Basics: Diamond Studs Diamond studs are one bejeweled basic the red carpet can’t live without. As 2015 marks the return of celebrities illuminated in a blast of sequined or crystal embellished gowns, sparkling studs add the last bit of icing to crystalline couture. Classic with a dash of decadence, diamond studs are an easy way to draw attention to your perfectly sculpted coif and glowing complexion.
4. Hottest Accents: Big Earrings Let’s face it, big earrings are a bonafide Oscar winner. But this year they’ve plateaued taking to new game-changing proportions. From Versaille-style chandeliers to ear crawlers that wrap around like ivy, statement earrings don’t necessarily have a death defying drop to be a showstopper. From Camila Alves to Viola Davis statement sparklers are the perfect way polish off your outfit.
5. Red Carpet Newcomer: Lariat & Drop Necklaces Just like the ear crawlers of 2014 drop and lariat necklaces are slowly making there way to the limelight. Jennifer Anniston’s drop necklace was the real winner at the People’s Choice Award. Other celebrities like Gaga and Gabrielle Union have been donning this swingy statement accent as well. Minimalist and ultra feminine, these necklaces are a great way to draw attention to lengthening your look.